Are you involved in strategic decision making? Do you need more clarity to inform your decisions? Portfolio management is a proven approach to enabling organisational influencers to understand what is going and how to make an organisation both more effective and efficient. This workshop provides an introduction to the fundamentals of portfolio management, based on current best practice.
How Will The Course Benefit You?
The workshop will help you gain new insights so you can make better decisions. You will also see how, in doing this, you can leverage significant efficiency by operating in this way. The workshop provides an opportunity to consider a variety of different approaches, tools and techniques to help you crystalise your organisation’s deployment pipeline, how to keep it realistic, and how to measure the value of your achievements.
Career Path Opportunities
The course will benefit:
- Senior leaders
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Business change managers
- Executive board members
- Independent change consultants.
- Understand the role of a portfolio to convert strategy into results
- How to align projects and programmes
- Establishing appropriate governance
- Balancing your portfolio
- Monitoring and controlling through the delivery cycle
- Prioritisation techniques
- Handling risk
- Resource management
- Tackling conflicting demands
- Scoring, weighing and measuring
- Demonstrating return on investment (ROI)
- Practical challenges and how to handle them
- Next steps.
This course is delivered either as a live online event and/or a face-to-face classroom workshop. Whichever you choose, we ensure all our delivery is highly interactive, memorable and effective.
There are a few short thinking activities before attending the workshop.