Change management is vital for organisational survival and growth. Research consistently shows that those organisations that adopt proven change management approaches have a significantly higher rate of successful change. This course is based on The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook and provides you with an understanding of key models, techniques and tools to support your change initiatives.
How Will The Course Benefit You?
The course will provide you with an opportunity to consider how you can apply appropriate process frameworks to optimally plan and understand organisational change. You will engage with activities designed to help shed light on ways to properly prepare for organisational change such as building an effective change team and offering insights that enhance the team’s performance and prepare people for organisational change. The course also builds on the Foundation training by deepening your capability in how to be motivational during change and how to establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders can support and sustain the change process.
The course will also prepare you appropriately for the internationally recognised foundation qualification. It will help you understand what approaches are available to you, and to appreciate when and how these tools and techniques can be applied during a change project. The course is officially accredited by the APMG and has been developed in partnership with the Change Management Institute.
Career Path Opportunities
The course will benefit:
- Change managers
- Transformation managers
- Senior Responsible Owners
- Change management professionals
- Project and programme managers
- Heads of service and line managers
- Senior leaders
Change and the Individual:
- Understand the relationship between learning & change
- Individual responses to change
- Motivation theories and how to utilise them
- Personality types
Change and the Organisation:
- Understanding organisation cultures
- Fundamental models for change
- Emergent change
- Challenges for leaders
- Establishing a vision
Communication and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Principles of stakeholder engagement
- Cognitive bias
- Barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Communication strategy and planning
Change Management Practice:
- Change impact assessments
- Change readiness assessments
- Crafting a change team
- How to tackle resistance to change
- Building and sustaining change momentum
- The Change Management Foundation certificate is a prerequisite.
- 2 days
This course is delivered either as a live online event and/or a face-to-face classroom workshop. Whichever you choose, we ensure all our delivery is highly interactive, memorable and effective.
- Objective testing based on a case study scenario
- 4 questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Restricted open book – The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook may be used in the exam
We will provide guided reading and suggest undertaking a suite of preparation activities before attending the workshop.