Agile approaches are being embraced and adopted by a huge range of organisations large and small across the world. Many agile approaches however are not designed to be used within projects. AgilePM is a powerful framework that places a project management framework around the world’s most widely adopted agile approach, Scrum. The course is highly practical with lots of opportunities to try things out through a range of activities and discussions to aid your learning.
How Will The Course Benefit You?
The course will immerse you in an Agile mindset and provide you with a sound understanding of the fundamental tools, techniques, principles and behaviours necessary for real-world adoption. The course will also prepare you appropriately for the internationally recognised foundation qualification.
Career Path Opportunities
The course will benefit:
- Project managers / aspiring project managers
- PMO staff
- Business Analysts
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Project Sponsors
- Change leaders
- Agile team members looking to become Agile Project Managers
- Individuals pursuing the AgilePM Practitioner Certificate
- Operational Line Managers / Staff participating in a Project
Introduction to Agile
- Benefits of Agile adoption
- Knowing when to use Agile
- The diversity of Agile approaches and why they exist
- Agile Project Management principles
The Agile Project Management process
- Agile Project Management Framework
- The Agile Project Management Lifecycle
- Iterative development and incremental delivery
- Team roles and responsibilities
- Agile team working
Tools and Techniques
- Facilitated workshops
- MoSCoW prioritisation
- Time boxes and sprints
- Burn down charts
- Estimating and velocity
- Exam preparation
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is delivered either as a live online event and/or a face-to-face classroom workshop. Whichever you choose, we ensure all our delivery is highly interactive, memorable and effective.
- Objective testing based on a case study scenario
- 4 questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Restricted open book – The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook may be used in the exam
We suggest you undertake some guided reading and undertake a couple of preparation activities before attending the workshop.